Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Acivir Cream is a trade name of the antiviral medical product Acyclovir. This drug is active as for virus of herpes simplex type 1 and 2, zoster, and some other types of the virus which affect the skin and mucous membranes.
Penetrating the infected cells it causes the destruction of DNA – polymerase, an enzyme which takes part in the formation of virus DNA and causes their reproduction and development. It inhibits the development of the viral cells on the initial stage of their development preventing relapses and increase of the symptoms of the severe viral diseases.
During the long-term use the drug does not cause the physical addiction, however terms of its use must be restricted by the development of the disease symptomatology.
Acivir Cream is prescribed for the patients to treat and prevent:
- initial and relapsing herpetic affections of the skin and mucous membranes
- herpes of genitals
- herpes in patients with immunodeficiency
As virus of herpes is constantly in the human body this cream helps to reduce the frequency and intensity of the affected skin.
- Acivir Cream is indicated for the local use
- The cream is applied to the affected areas of the skin 4-5 times per day (in about every 4 hours) except night.
- It is very important to start the treatment in case of the appearance of the first symptoms of the disease. So, it is possible to reduce time of the treatment.
- Usually, the application of the cream lasts for 5 days, and then the affected parts of the skin are improved and the disease symptoms pass gradually.
- If the disease symptoms did not become weak in 5 days of the treatment, it is possible to continue the treatment up to 10 days
- If the affection is not eliminated in 10 days of the treatment, it is necessary to go to a doctor.
- Before and after application of the cream it is necessary to wash your hands; it is important to avoid frictions of the affected parts or contact of the towel in order to avoid the worsening or transfer of the infection.
- Acivir Cream is contraindicated for patients with increased sensitivity of the skin to Acyclovir or any component of the drug.
- If the treatment is needed during pregnancy, it is necessary to consult a medical specialist and find out whether there are contraindications for the use of this antiviral medicine in your case.
- It is necessary to exclude the penetration of Acivir Cream into the mucous membranes of the mouth cavity and eyes.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved