Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Amoxicillin is an antibiotic agent with a sufficiently strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
Amoxicillin tablets are from the group of antibiotic with a wide applications use. The drug has a very rapid effect and its mechanism of action inhibits the cell wall synthesis, as well as other antibiotics belonging to penicillin group.
The prescription list of manufacturer claim such antimicrobial effects of Amoxicillin tablets as:
- Gram-positive microorganisms (staphylococci, streptococci, Streptococcus groups A, B, C, G, H, I, M);
- Gram-negative microorganisms (Neisseria meningitidis, N. gonorrhoeae);
- Gram negative microbe (Escherichia coli, Shigella species, Klebsiella spp., Salmonella, Campilobacter, Bordetella pertussis, chlamydia and others.);
- All bacteria, non-resistant to penicillin G: Corynebacterium, bacilli, Actinomycetes, streptobatsillam, Spirillium minus, Lister, Spirochaeta, and others, as well as a variety of anaerobic bacteria;
- Bacteria, forming ?-lactamase is resistance to Amoxicillin tablets;
- Amoxicillin tablets are not sensitive to acidic conditions and therefore active when administered orally.
Dosage and administration of Amoxicillin tablets
Due to the fact that Amoxicillin is used in many diseases, the dose should be set up individually in each case by the doctor.
For internal use, a single Amoxicillin tablets dose for adults and children of 10 years of age (weight over 40kg) is 250-500mg, a severe form of the disease - up to 1 gram. For children aged 5 to 10 years a single dose is equal to 250mg, kids of 2 - 5 years - 125mg, babies up to 2 years daily dose is 20mg per kilogram of body weight. And adults and children should take Amoxicillin tablets every 8 hours to fully recover.
In the treatment of acute uncomplicated gonorrhea, patients are prescribed 3g once (in combination with probenecid
Are there any dangerous side effects of Amoxicillin tablets?
In fact, Amoxicillin is quite safe antibiotic and its side effects are mild and not dangerous. Although, you should know them in order to prevent further complications.
In the application of Amoxicillin tablets have been revealed the following side effects in the form of allergic reactions (itching, skin rash, erythema, angioedema, rhinitis, conjunctivitis, and in rare cases - a feverish syndrome, joint pain, eosinophilia, in rare cases - anaphylactic shock). There is a possibility of superinfection (usually in patients with chronic diseases or low resistance of the organism). If you conduct combined treatment with metronidazole, you may observe nausea, vomiting, anorexia, diarrhea, constipation, epigastric pain, dyspepsia, glossitis, stomatitis, and in rare cases - jaundice, pseudomembranous colitis, interstitial nephritis, impaired hematopoiesis.
Contraindications to Amoxicillin tablets
The drug is contraindicated in:
- hypersensitivity to penicillin group of antibiotics
- in the presence of infectious mononucleosis, lymphatic leukemia (increased likelihood of side effects)
- in patients with hypersensitivity to cephalosporins, carbapenems
- in severe infectious-inflammatory of gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by nausea or prolonged diarrhea, do not take the drug inside because of the likelihood of poor absorption.
- antibiotic therapy is not recommended because of the low efficiency in the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections
- special caution of Amoxicillin tablets intake is recommended for patients with atopic diathesis or bronchial asthma, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (specifically, colitis caused by treatment with antibiotics).
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved