Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Anafranil is tricycle antidepressant with weakly manifested analgesic effect. Feature of this antidepressant is ability to reduce appetite and to remove urinary incontinence.
Anafranil has wide specter of pharmacological action and can be used in different medical purposes. Activity of this antidepressant is his ability to inhibit reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine. Restoring chemical misbalance of brain, directly lack of serotonin, this drug restores psychological and emotional state of the person.
Anafranil acts on depressive disorder generally, especially on its typical symptoms: psychomotor retardation, depressed mood and anxiety. It improves mood, life activity and reduces anxiety. It has strong sedative action, due to it; sleep and restoring of power are being normalized in person.
Analgesic effect manifests in case of somatic disorders, provoked by symptoms of depression or mental disorder: headache, stomachache and etc.
Anafranil is recommended to use only under supervision of doctor. Medical worker needs to point our correct diagnosis and to identify severity of mental disorder. Usually, treatment begins from minimal doses, because pharmacological effect of this antidepressant is very strong and quick.
• Pills should be used during eating or immediately after it.
• Beginning dose of Anafranil is 25 mg 2-3 times a day (not more than 75 mg a day).
• Gradually, in case of positive effect of treatment, dose can be increased to 100-150 mg a day ( 2 pills 75 mg of continuous action)
• In case of reaching required effect, patients are prescribed supportive therapy 50-75 mg a day
• Clinical effect is usually marked after 2-3 weeks of drug’s use, but treatment course is needed to be continued till complete disappearance of depressive disorder’s symptoms.
• Drug Anafranil is contradicted to patients with increased sensitivity to components included in contain of antidepressant.
• You should use drug very carefully in case of: Angle-closure glaucoma, cardiovascular disease, recent myocardial infarction, manic- depressive psychosis and infections.
• It is forbidden to use Anafranil during pregnancy. In case of antidepressant’s use during lactation, it is need to transfer the baby on synthetic feeding.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved