Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Atazanavir is an anti-viral medical product of the direct action used in the antiretroviral therapy. It has a strong pharmacological action due to which it may be used for the treatment of HIV infection of the various etiologies.
It selectively inhibits the process of the development of viruses and also prevents the formation of the mature virions and infection of other cells. The active components of the drug connect with proteins of the blood plasma by 86% and then they are quickly transferred to the infected cells in any part of the body. This remedy can be used as a single remedy as well as in combination with other antiretroviral drugs.
Atazanavir has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (USA) in 2003.
The main advantage of this medication is that it can be used not more than once per day unlike other remedies which should be taken 2-3 times. Thus, risk of the side effects and also influence on the lipid exchange is reduced in patients.
The use of Atazanavir should be under supervision of the qualified medical specialist who will prescribe you the proper dosage and will supervise the influence of this highly effective drug to your body.
- The drug is prescribed orally during eating with a plenty of the liquid
- The recommended daily dose is 400 mg
- It is necessary to take 300 mg of Atazanavir and 100 mg of Ritonavir
- Patients with hepatic failure take the daily dose reduced by two times
- Patients should be warned that the antiretroviral therapy does not prevent the risk of transfer of HIV through the blood or during sexual intercourses for which reason it is necessary to follow precautions
- Atazanavir is contraindicated in the following situations: hypersensitivity to the active components of the hereditary metabolic disorders (intolerance of galactose, lack of lactose)
- If the drug use is needed in the period of the lactation, the breast-feeding must be terminated
- Atazanavir can be used during pregnancy but in case of the emergency. Before using the drug during pregnancy consult a doctor
- It is strongly prohibited to exceed the recommended daily dose because this may cause a severe allergic reaction and necessity of the termination of therapy.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved