Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Atopex is an immunosuppressive drug, indicated for a wide range of conditions and diseases:
- Treatment and prevention of rejection following transplantation of bone marrow and solid organ transplantations (lung, heart-lung, heart, liver, kidney or pancreas transplantations), including patients previously treated with other immunosuppressants.
- Treatment and prevention of graft versus host reaction. Nephrotic syndrome in children and adults caused by glomerular vascular pathology (membranous glomerulonephritis, focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, and, minimal change nephropathy) to induce remission and maintain it.
- Autoimmune diseases - endogenous uveitis (sight-threatening back or middle portion of the eye infectious origin in the development of serious adverse effects or ineffectiveness of conventional therapies, uveitis, Behcet's disease, especially with recurrent attacks of inflammation).
- Severe rheumatoid arthritis with rapidly progressive course (in cases where the classical slow-acting antirheumatic drugs are ineffective, or their application is impossible).
- Severe atopic dermatitis, psoriasis (with the ineffectiveness of standard therapy).
The list of contraindications is limited to individual sensitivity to cyclosporine and other ingredients of the drug.
Dosage and Administration
The medication is administered orally prior to organ transplantations at a dose of 10-15 mg/kg for 4-12 hours prior to surgery and during 1-2 weeks once daily. Subsequently the dose was gradually reduced to a maintenance (usually it is 2-6 mg / kg body weight).
In autoimmune diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, Cyclosporin administered in a dose of 3 mg / kg in 2 hours during the first 6 weeks. With little effect daily dose gradually increased (subject to satisfactory tolerability). The maximum daily dose of 5 mg / kg. Duration of therapy - up to 12 weeks.
In atopic dermatitis, the recommended initial dose of 2.5 mg per 5.5 pounds of weight per day. In severe cases, the dose of the drug is increased to 5 mg / kg / day. Once a positive clinical result is achieved Cyclosporine dose gradually reduced to total abolition.
In psoriasis to reduce the induction of remission the drug is prescribed at 2.5 mg per 5.5 pounds of weight per day divided into 2 intakes. In severe cases, the disease to rapidly achieve the effect of Cyclosporin take a dose of 5 mg / kg (if taking a daily dose of 5 mg / kg for 6 weeks clinical effect is absent - the treatment course is abandoned).
During treatment a systematic monitoring of liver and kidney function is required to determine the level of potassium in the plasma (especially in patients with functional disorders of the kidneys), and determination of serum lipid levels (before and after 1 month of treatment). If persistent elevations of liver enzymes, creatinine, urea, bilirubin are observed, it is necessary to lower the dose of the drug. With the development of hypertension it is required to undergo antihypertensive treatment, with an increase in serum lipids - limiting fat to diet and / or reducing the dose.
The bodies of the gastrointestinal tract: nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, intestinal hyperplasia, pancreatitis, abdominal pain, diarrhea; possible reversible functional disorders of the liver, increased liver enzymes, an increase in the concentration of bilirubin in the blood (depending on the dose of the drug is determined by the degree of severity of these disorders).
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved