Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Avalide is a strong combined antihypertensive drug for the treatment of patients with arterial hypertension. This remedy helps to reduce the arterial pressure to the optimal level and safely control it within a long period of time. This medication causes a lowering of the arterial pressure in patients of any age and by any types of hypertension.
Avalide includes two active components - Irbesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide. A combined therapy is a guarantee of the successful treatment of the arterial hypertension during inefficiency of therapy by one medical product. That is why in case of the severe type of hypertension this medication is the most optimal option of the treatment.
A combination of these two ingredients provides more effective lowering of the pressure than each of them separately. Hydrochlorothiazide increases the action of Irbesartan and causes more rapid diuretic effect.
A stable lowering of the arterial pressure is observed after the use of the first dose and the maximal effect is noticed in 6-8 weeks of the treatment. An advantage of this drug is that it allows to keep a result for a long period of time, up to 1 year.
It is rather easy to detect a diagnosis of the arterial hypertension, and therefore having consulted a health care provide and told about the disease symptoms you will be prescribed the optimal course of the treatment by this diuretic.
- Avalide tablets are taken orally together with food or on an empty stomach
- In case of the middle types of hypertension it is necessary to take one tablet a day (150 mg of Irbesartan /12,5 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide)
- The start of the diuresis while taking this medication goes to the first 2 hours after its usage, it reaches maximum in 4 hours and the pharmacological action is kept for about 6-12 hours
- If your doctor has prescribed you an individual dose, follow it until the end of therapy
- it is not recommended to use Avalide with other hypotensive medical products as a risk of the excessive lowering of the arterial pressure is increased.
- In case of hypersensitivity, severe type of the chronic renal failure, hepatocirrhosis the use of this drug is contraindicated.
- This medication is contraindicated during pregnancy because the active components may lead to a damage or disorder of the fetus development
- It is necessary to terminate the breast feeding during the treatment.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved