Bayer Aspirin (Acetylsalicylic acid)
Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Bayer Aspirin (generic name ASA – acetyl salicylic acid) is a non-steroid anti-inflammatory medical product which provides a fast antifever, analgesic pharmacological action.
This drug belongs to the list of the most important medical products of the World Health Organization because its mechanism of the action and level of safety have been carefully studied in the scientific research laboratories.
Bayer (ASA) Aspirin suppresses the formation of prostaglandins and thromboxanes (enzyme takes part in aggregation of platelets). The analgesic effect of the drug is conditioned by the influence of the active components on the centers of the pain sensitivity increasing the pain threshold.
The anti-fever action is connected with the effect to hypothalamic centers of the heat regulation, and the anti-inflammatory action is characterized by the influence on the processes occurred in the site of damage.
This drug is used for different diseases and disorders. Oftentimes, it is prescribed for the symptomatic relief of headache, toothache, sore throat, pain during menstruation, pain in muscles and joints, and pain in back, high temperature of the body conditioned by the catarrhal or infectious diseases.
Bayer (ASA) Aspirin is widely used as a remedy for the prevention of the cardiovascular diseases. The daily use of the drug in small doses considerably reduces a risk of strokes, thrombosis because it is known that Aspirin reduces inflammation of platelets and suppresses their functions.
The tablets of Bayer (ASA) Aspirin must be taken with a plenty of water after eating. Depending on the type of the disorder and required goal of the treatment each patient is prescribed an individual course of the use and dosage.
- A single dose for adults and children older than 15 years is 100 mg
- The recommended daily dose is 300 mg (3 tablets)
- The course of the treatment should not exceed 7-10 days in case of the absence of the side effects
- Children are prescribed the dosage individually and it directly depends on the age: from 2 to 3 years old – 100 mg/day, from 4 to 6 years old – 200 mg/day, from 7 to 9 years old – 300 mg/day.
- the contraindications for the use: increased sensitivity to acetyl salicylic acid, expressed dysfunctions of liver or kidney, hemophilia, thrombocytopenia, gastric and duodenal ulcers with bleedings
- it is necessary to consult your doctor in charge in order to take the medication during pregnancy or in the period of the lactation
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved