Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Benemid, also known as Probenecid, is approved to be an effective medication that helps the organism get uric acid out of the body through the urine. The preparation is recommended for patients who require help treating gouty arthritis and gout. Together with penicillin antibiotics, Benemid produces a more powerful impact on the organism, thus, better improvement of the condition. Besides, the remedy can be prescribed to treat other symptoms, not listed here.
Follow the received prescription from your healthcare provider to make sure the preparation will lead only to positive effects on your organism. Never increase or decrease Probenecid amounts. Do not prolong the treatment course. Take the drug as recommended. Since Benemid is only a part of a complete treatment course, other drugs, minerals and a diet are inevitable.
Striving to prevent kidney stones during the treatment course one should consume much water. Frequent blood and urine tests may be required to make sure Benemid does not harm your body. The medication should be taken once a day on a regular basis. If you have missed a dose, take it when possible, but skip it if the next scheduled dose should be administered soon.
Precautions and Contraindications
The first step to a successful treatment course is consultation with a healthcare provider. Talk to your doctor before the beginning of the treatment course. Discuss other health problems you have, severity of your condition and get Benemid prescription. Patients who:
• are allergic to the components of the medication or similar treatments;
• suffer from anemia or other blood cell problems;
• have an already started gout attack should not even start Benemid treatment course since they can experience severe side effects as well as witness a devastating impact on other body organs and functions. Besides, the drug should not be administered by pregnant and breastfeeding women. The active ingredients of the remedy may affect the health of an unborn and nursing child causing numerous complications and disorders.
Additionally, provide your doctor with a full list of other health problems and disorders you have. It will help you get a prescription, thus, receive a safe and effective medication course. Pay ultimate attention to the health issues, such as:
• Stomach ulcers or their history;
• Kidney disorders;
• Kidney stones and other conditions.
Probably, you will need extra tests for the doctor to adjust Benemid dose, so that it will not harm your organism. Benemid is prohibited for children under 2 years old.
To eliminate the risk of nasty complications from drug interactions, tell your doctor about the following medications you are using:
• Oral diabetes treatments;
• Sulfa medications;
• Rifampin, Lorazepam, Methotrexate and others.
It is essential to provide your healthcare provider with detailed information concerning all the prescription and non-prescription drugs you administer since this is not a full list of pharmaceuticals interacting with Benemid.
Seek emergency medical help in case of severe complications occurrence, including:
• Bloody urination;
• Swelling of the ankles, stomach, feet and face;
• Jaundice, fever, fatigue, confusion, dark-colored urine;
• Aggravating gout symptoms;
• Severe allergic reactions, etc.
Call your doctor if common reactions do not disappear after a considerable time span. Among possible minor difficulties are headache, skin rashes, itching, sore gums, nausea, vomiting, increased urination and others.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved