Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Biaxin is a brand name of the drug Clarithromycin. This medical product is used as an antibiotic for the treatment of the different infectious diseases. Mainly, this remedy is used for the treatment of the infectious diseases of the respiratory tracts.
Biaxin provides a strong pharmacological action which inhibits the growth and development of bacteria. Despite the high effectiveness of this antibiotic in the treatment of the infectious diseases it is often used for the treatment of the infections of light and middle severity.
Biaxin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic which affects the external side of the infected cell as well as its internal part. This helps to hasten the process of the destruction and removal of the pathogenic microorganisms from the human body and reduce the symptoms of the disease.
Often, this medical product is prescribed for the treatment and prophylaxis of:
- infections of upper and lower respiratory tracts (pharyngitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia);
- skin infections (folliculitis, furunculosis, infections of the open wounds);
- duodenal and gastric ulcer;
Biaxin is used for the treatment of many types of bacterial infections, and therefore to detect an exact diagnosis it is necessary to turn to your doctor and have a required examination. After diagnosing your doctor will be able to prescribe you the most effective treatment which will help to quickly get rid of the disease.
This antibiotic is released in the tablets for the oral usage. The dosage of Biaxin is prescribed depending on the age of the patient and severity of his/her infection.
- adults and children from 12 years are prescribed 250-500 mg two times a day;
- children under 12 years are prescribed a suspension of 7,5 mg/kg for the peroral use every 12 hours;
- the length of the treatment of the infections of the light and middle severity contains 7-14 days;
- even if you feel improvement of the disease symptoms, it is not recommended to terminate the use of the drug earlier than the doctor has prescribed.
- the main part of Biaxin is remade in the liver, and therefore people with chronic diseases of liver should have special analysis in the course of the drug usage;
- if a patient experiences allergy while taking this antibiotic, it is necessary to terminate the use of the drug and turn to a doctor;
- Biaxin is contraindicated for the use in the 1 term of pregnancy, in the period of lactation, and also do not take double or triple dose at once.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved