Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Cefadroxil is antibacterial medical remedy of first generation with wide specter of action. This antibiotic is active relating to gram-positive bacteria: Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp., gram-negative bacteria: Salmonella spp, Escherichia coli.
Drug has bactericidal action and disturbs synthesis of microorganism cell’s wall. As the majority of bactericidal antibiotics, it doesn’t destroy microorganisms, but reduces their defense and possibility of growth.
Pharmacological action begins after 2-3 hours after using of drug. During first 2-3 days in patient has reduced symptoms of disease and also actively decreased development of infections. In following days of use, infected cells dissolved and patient gets completely cured.
Cefadroxil is often used for treatment of infection connected to upper\ lower airways, gastrointestinal tract, and urinary way.
Sometimes, this antibiotic is used in ophthalmology for treatment of infectious attacks of eyes.
Before drug’s use, consult with your attending doctor and learn how to use it, what measure of precaution you should know, what side effects can appear during the treatment.
• Cefadroxil is prescribed inside, in time or after eating. It is better to swallow entire pill, without splitting or chewing.
• Dosage for adult and children starting from 40mg, it is 1-2g divided in 2 taking.
• In case of severe infections, dose is increased in two times till 4g a day in 2 taking.
• Children who has weight less than 40 kg are prescribed dose 40mg/kg of weight.
• Duration of treatment course is 7-14 days, depending on reaction of microorganisms on activity of antibiotic’s active substances.
• In case of kidney\liver disorders, dosage needs to be corrected.
• Cefadroxil has high level of pharmacological safety and almost doesn’t provoke serious side effects. Despite that the drug is contradicted for patients with hypersensitivity to substances included in its containing.
• Clinic researches showed that Cefadroxil influences on offspring in case of use the antibiotic in pregnancy period, that’s why it is better not to use it.
• In case of acute diseases of intestines this drug is prescribed very carefully under supervision of doctor.
• Before treatment of drug’s use, tell your doctor about all medicines which you use without prescription.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved