Ceftin (Cefuroxime Axetil)
Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Ceftin is a wide-spectrum and antibacterial medication which is used for the treatment of a wide range of severe diseases caused by microorganisms. The international name of Ceftin and also the main active component is cefuroxime, and it provides a bactericidal action and copes with the majority of the known bacteria up to date.
Cefuroxime penetrates into the infected cell and destroys the cell wall reducing the protective layer of bacterium. As a result of this a bacterium dies in a short period of time and the severe symptoms of a patient are reduced.
Cefuroxime has a wide-spectrum of action due to which this antibiotic can be taken for the treatment of different diseases such as:
- infections of the upper and lower airways
- infectious diseases of the stomach
- infectious diseases in the area of the urogenital system
- Skin infections etc.
This medicine has been approved by FDA and now it is spread all over the USA and countries of Europe, and Asia.
Before taking Ceftin it is necessary to appeal to a specialist for qualified medical aid. Only a health care provider can indicate a correct diagnosis and prescribe a very strong antibiotic for the fast and safe treatment.
A dose of this drug is prescribed on the basis of a complete mixed clinical examination of a patient and a diagnostics of the disease.
- the average dose of Ceftin for adults is 150-500 mg 2 times a day (in the morning and evening);
- the average dose of Ceftin for children is 150-250 mg 2 times a day.
Depending on the individual tolerance of the antibiotic the dose can be adjusted during the process of the treatment.
It is necessary to take the tablets of medication after the food with a full glass of water. The length of the use is about 5-10 days.
- at the presence of a wide range of the acute disorders the use of medicine can be restricted, or prohibited. It is not recommended to take this antibiotic in case of acute diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastric and duodenal ulcer), bleeding, and open wounds of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Ceftin is contraindicated during pregnancy. To take this drug during the breast-feeding a child should be on the bottle feeding.
- Ceftin must not be taken during the allergy to cefuroxime because this may cause severe side effects.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved