Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Every day we face with numerous viruses, infections and microbes. In order to fight them, has been invented uncounted number of effective medications. But, unfortunately, not all of them are suitable for everyone and still safe while and after intake. Ciplox-TZ is one of those drugs, whom you can trust for 100%.
What is Ciplox-TZ and why is it so preferable among patients?
Ciplox-TZ is an antimicrobial broad-spectrum action agent with two main ingredients: Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole. This combination is effective for use in treatment of amebiasis, giardiasis, trichomoniasis, as well as for the prevention of anaerobic infections in the postoperative period.
What is the mechanism of Ciplox-TZ action?
The remedy refers to antiprotozoal drugs with expressed antibacterial properties.
The mechanism of pill action: inhibition of reproduction and DNA damage at pathogens. Shows efficacy against such pathogens as Lamblia intestinalis, Entamoeba histolytica, Trichomonas vaginalis.
Also exhibits a bactericidal action against anaerobic bacteria such: Bacteroides spp., Peptococcus spp., Eubacterium spp., Clostridium spp., Peptostreptococcus spp., Fusobacterium spp., Veillonella spp.
In medical practice Ciplox-TZ is intended for oral administration, and after the pill is inside, there is a rapid and almost total absorption from the gastrointestinal tract. Then, the active substance is distributed to all tissues and crosses the placental barrier.
The main indications for use of Ciplox-TZ drug
- Anaerobic infections - treatment and prevention
- Kidneys and urinary tract infections (including gonorrhea, non-gonococcal urethritis)
- Lower respiratory tract infections (pneumonia, bronchitis, etc.)
- Infections of the skin and soft tissues (post-operative wound infection, infection and diabetes mellitus, infected pressure ulcers, etc.)
- Bone and joint infections (osteomyelitis, septic arthritis, etc.)
- Pelvic infections (including adnexitis prostatitis)
- Biliary tract infections
- Infections in obstetrics and gynecology
- Infections of the gastrointestinal tract
- Infections of the middle ear and paranasal sinuses
- Eye infections
- Prevention and treatment of infections in patients with lowered immunity (e.g., with immunosuppressive therapy)
Dosage and administration for Ciplox-TZ use
As a rule, the drug dose and schedule of intake is set individually, depending on the location and severity of the infection, as well as the sensitivity of the pathogen. Thus, letís see the most common cases:
* Uncomplicated urinary tract infections - 2 times a day, 250mg
* Severe infections of the urinary tract - 2 times a day with Ciplox-TZ 500mg
* Severe respiratory tract infections, osteomyelitis - 2 times a day, 750mg
* Other severe infections - 2 times a day, 500mg
* Acute gonorrhea - 250mg once
Treatment duration with Ciplox-TZ: an infection of the urinary tract - 7 days; osteomyelitis - 2 months, other infections - 7 - 10 days; streptococcal infections - not less than 10 days.
What are the side effects and precautions to Ciplox-TZ?
Drug treatment may cause dry mouth and discomfort, diarrhea, nausea, dizziness, neuropathy, seizures, ataxia, skin rash, leukopenia, angioneurotic edema, weakness, tremor. All these conditions are not common for every patient, who treated with Ciplox-TZ, everything is individual and you must always be in touch with your curing doctor.
Contraindications to Ciplox-TZ are characterized by organic disorders of the nervous system, the first trimester of pregnancy, disorders of the hematopoietic system, lactation, hypersensitivity to nitroimidazole derivatives.
Deciding to cure with Ciplox-TZ, first consult the doctor and follow his further instructions.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved