Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Claritin is an effective antiallergic remedy of the fast action. It is regarded one of the best antihistaminic drugs by means of the strong pharmacological action. It inhibits a release of histamine and leukotrienes from the cells and at the same time it prevents a development of the allergic reactions and makes them easier.
This drug provides an antiallergic, antipruritic, and antiexudative pharmacological action.
It is used for:
- the treatment of the seasonal and year-round allergic rhinitis and removal of the symptoms connected with such diseases as sneezing, itching of the nasal mucosa, sensations of burning and itching in the eyes
- the treatment of the skin diseases of the allergic origin (hives, conjunctivitis, pollinosis, itching dermatosis, allergic reaction to the stings of the insects)
- angioedema symptoms
An antiallergic effect develops in 30-60 minutes and lasts for 24 hours
The drug is taken orally regardless of the eating. The dosage and recommendation for the use must be indicated by the doctor after the prior consultation and detection of the type of the allergic reaction. Also, before the treatment it is necessary to check a sensitivity of your body to the active component – Loratadine.
- teenagers at the age of 12 years and older and adults are prescribed 10 mg once per day
- children under 12 years are recommended the dose of Claritin depending on the body weight: if the body weight is less than 30 kg, the daily dose is 5 mg; if the body weight is more than 30 kg, the daily dose is 10 mg
- in case of the liver or kidney dysfunction the dosage should be adjusted by the health care professional. Usually, in this case 10 mg is prescribed once per 2 days
- the length of the treatment is indicated each patient individually until the complete disappearance of the allergy symptoms
- Claritin does not influence on the central nervous system and does not cause addiction, and therefore even if you use this medication for a long period of tine, you will not have the worsening of the pharmacological action
- This drug is recommended for the use by the pregnant women only in exceptional cases, under the supervision of the doctor
- It is not recommended to use this antiallergic remedy during the breast-feeding
- The proper use of Claritin does not cause the side effects and it is well tolerated.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved