Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Clozapine is an atypical antipsychotic medical product which belongs to the group of the modern neuroleptics. A difference of this drug from the common antipsychotics consists in the fact that it is easily tolerated and impacts mildly the central nervous system.
This drug provides an expressed antipsychotic, antiemetic, and sedative action by means of the blocking of dopamine and adrenoreceptors. The pharmacological action appears step by step: first of all there is a fast onset of the soporific and sedative action, and then the active components arrest the attacks of the anxiety of psychomotor agitation and aggression in 2-5 days. In 1-2 weeks the expressed antipsychotic action occurs, and a patient appreciably feels the reduction of the symptoms of severe disorders.
Clozapine is prescribed for conditions of the psychomotor agitation, schizophrenia, maniacal syndrome, hallucinations, sudden mood changes, and also other psychopathic diseases of severe form. Nowadays, the efficiency of this drug exceeds the rates of many other medications of the identical spectrum of opportunities.
As Clozapine belongs to the atypical neuroleptics it is safer for the patientís body but it is better to take this medication under the supervision of the medical specialist.
- This drug is prescribed orally 2-3 times per day, and it is desirable to take it after the food consumption.
- The minimal dose which should be started the treatment with is 12,5 mg 1-2 times a day succeeded by the increase of the daily dose.
- The average daily dose is 200-400 mg 2 times.
- The maximal daily dose 900 mg is prescribed only in case of severe types of the mental disorders.
- After having the course of the treatment it is possible to use the maintaining dose of 25-200 mg 2-3 times a day.
- The length of the treatment depends on the efficiency and results of the therapy.
- Clozapine is contraindicated for the use by children under 16 years old, patients with hypersensitivity to the active components of the drug, pregnant women, diseases of the blood-making system, and comatose states.
- It is necessary to terminate the breast feeding for the period of the treatment
- In case of the closed-angle glaucoma, acute affections of liver or kidneys, hyperplasia of the prostate gland, and epilepsy the daily dosage must be reduced, and the treatment should be under the control of the doctor.
- During the treatment do not drive or perform the work which requires careful attention and fast psychic and motive reaction.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved