Cymbalta (Duloxetine Hcl)
Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Cymbalta is a part of antidepressant which gives an effect on chemicals that are present in the brain which results in unbalanced state and also cause depression. Drug is treated with the major depressive disorder (MDD) and even for the pain that deals with diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Cymbalta is used for various destinations and it is always recommended that these can be consumed after enquiring or consulting with the doctors.
How to use
Cymbalta must be consumed as mentioned by your doctors. If you are not sure with the consumption procedure of cymbalta, then it is always better to ask your doctor, nurse or pharmacist again. Each capsule can be consumed with or without water. Drug reacts inside the body only if the whole capsule is swallowed. It is not recommended that that the capsules to break in to several pieces or chew or mix in water or milk etc. similarly, consult with your doctor for the stoppage of the cymbalta. The results can be noticed and observed after some few weeks.
The following are the important things which have to be considered while the treatment of cymbalta.
- It is recommended that drug should not be consumed if you have undergone treatment with monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) which includes isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), or tranylcypromine (Parnate).
- If such treatments are taken, then there should be a time gap of 15 days, (or 2weeks) before the consumption of cymbalta.
- Serious side effects and even fatal reactions can be observed if the consumption of cymbalta takes place along with those (MAOI).
- Similarly, cymbalta should not be consumed along with the treatment of thioridazine (Mellaril). These results in dangerous side effects and even heartbeat counts may get reduced if cymbalta are consumed along with this thioridazine (Mellaril). For taking thioridazine (Mellaril), cymbalta should be stopped and minimum of 5 weeks gap should be given. Appropriate time gap should be given and it is better to consult with your doctor about this too.
- Do not stop cymbalta until the dosage period gets over which are given by your doctor. Do not skip any doses and if a dose is skipped, then take as soon as possible. Do not over dose or take all doses at a same time. For best results, follow your doctor’s advice and take the tablets regularly and on correct time.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved