Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Danazol is a highly effective medical product which suppresses the discharge of hormones of hypophysis stimulating formation of hormones in genital glands. The drug in high doses provides a mild androgenic and anabolic action. It provides the pharmacological broad-spectrum action. In women this medical product suppresses the activity of ovaries, slows down ovulation, and causes atrophy of endometrium. It does not have the estrogenic action and does not increase the production of this hormone.
Also in the course of the clinical studies of Danazol it has been found out the ability to reduce the loss of menstrual blood, however the mechanism of the action is not fully studied.
Oftentimes, this drug is prescribed for the treatment of endometriosis with accompanying sterility, benign tumors of the breast, gynecomastia, initial menorrhagia, and PMS.
Danazol reduces the pain syndrome which is accompanied by endometriosis, and causes regressive changes of the disease focus. In case of fibrocystic mastopathy it favors the partial or complete disappearance of the nodular indurations and complete arresting of the pain syndrome.
Before the beginning of the treatment it is necessary to have a complete clinical examination to confirm the ability of the use of this drug and absence of any contraindications for its usage.
Capsules of Danazol are taken orally with a full glass of water. Therapy is usually prescribed from the first day of the menstrual cycle.
- To treat endometriosis the daily dose is 200-800 mg 2-4 uses per day depending on the severity of the disease and its course. The length of the treatment is 6 months
- To treat benign diseases of the breast patients are prescribed 100-300 mg of Danazol every day within 3-6 months
- To treat gynecomastia in men the dosage is indicated 200-600 mg per day
- Danazol weakens the action of insulin and peroral hypoglycemic drugs as it increases glucose in the blood. Patients with diabetes are not recommended the use of the drug.
- Danazol is contraindicated in case of the individual intolerance of the components of the drug, diseases of kidney, liver, vaginal bleedings of the unknown etiology, epilepsy, and migraine.
- It is better to refuse from the use of this medical product during pregnancy or/and in the period of the breast-feeding because it may affect the development of fetus and course of pregnancy.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved