Diclofenac Topical Gel
Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Diclofenac Topical Gel is an anti-inflammatory medical product which is used for the recovery of the soft tissues after injuries and traumas. This drug provides an evident pain-relieving and anti-fever action to reduce the symptoms of the trauma.
The analgesic effect of Diclofenac Topical Gel appears in consequence of the influence on the receptors of the central nervous system. The increase of the pain threshold helps to stand even the strongest pain.
The active components of preparation have the inhibitory pharmacological action on the enzymes of the arachidonic acid that are the main enzymes and they are responsible for the development of the inflammation, pain, and fever. Reducing the production of these enzymes it is possible to reduce the symptoms of the trauma and easily stand it. Also, this drug is able to suppress an aggregation of the platelets.
Indications for the use of Diclofenac Topical Gel:
- chronic infectious arthritis
- inflammatory diseases of the locomotor apparatus
- muscle strain, injuries
- neuralgia, myodynia
- pain syndrome and inflammation after surgeries and traumas
Diclofenac Topical Gel is produced in the most convenient medical form because a colourless gel can be easily used, it almost does not cause any side effects and the action of the drug begins faster in comparison with the use of the tablets. Gel is released in the aluminum tubes of 20 g, 30 g, and 50 g.
This medicine is intended for the external applying gel to the affected parts of the skin avoiding areas of the open wounds. It is also necessary to avoid the areas of the eyes and mucous membrane because this may cause a burning pain.
Depending on the area of the affected part a single dose of the drug is 2-4 g. Gel must be applied to the affected parts of the skin 3-4 times a day depending on the severity of the disease and the pharmacological effect of the drug.
- Diclofenac Topical Gel is not recommended during the third trimester of the pregnancy because the active components may affect the development of the fetus. It is not prohibited to take the drug during lactation. Consult a doctor or a pharmacist.
- Contraindications for the use: the affection of the gastrointestinal tract in the attack phase, dyshematopoiesis, high sensitivity to the components of Diclofenac.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved