Minocycline (Minocycline Hydrochloride)
Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Minocycline is a tetracycline antibiotic having the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action. This antibiotic is one of the main remedies of the basic therapy of rheumatoid arthritis by the light course of the disease.
The antibiotic copes well with different types of infections including the treatment of acne, leprosy, infections of the respiratory tracts (pneumonia, bronchitis, sore throat), pyelonephritis, prostatitis, infections of the stomach and intestine, gonorrhea, brucellosis, and many other diseases which are caused by agents sensitive to Minocycline.
It has a broad-spectrum bacteriostatic action. It destroys bacteria in the stage of their development by means of blocking protein entrance into the connective tissues. Bacteria die without protein and they cannot develop and reproduce anymore.
Minocycline is a strong antibiotic which is recommended for sale only by the doctor’s prescription. Before taking the drug it is advisable to consult a health care provider as for its usage and safety.
The dosage of the antibiotic can be individual for each patient or vary during the treatment depending on the sensitivity of the body to the active components of the drug.
- the initial dose for the oral usage is 100-200 mg per day
- the dose of 4 mg/kg per day is for the children over 8 years
- the drug is not recommended children under 8 years
- the tablets should be taken before or after the food consumption taking a full glass of water.
While taking this antibiotic a chance of the side effects appearance is high. Often, the body reacts to the drug at the first days of the use. That is why it is recommended to follow the recommendations of the doctor and do not exceed the permissible daily dose.
- patients with allergy to the active components of the drug do not take Minocycline
- during breast-feeding it is necessary to use the bottle-feeding of a child while treating because the active component of the antibiotic passes through milk
- in case of the dysfunction of liver/kidney the daily dose can be reduced by two times in order to provide better tolerance of the medication
- Minocycline is not recommended in the second term of pregnancy as the antibiotic can cause disorder of the bone tissue development in fetus/child and remove calcium from the body.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved