Movexx Plus (Aceclofenac, Paracetamol)
Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Osteoarthritis (OA) - a disease that develops as a result of the interaction of various mechanical and biological factors that violate existing of normal balance between the processes of synthesis and degradation of matrix components and especially the articular cartilage.
The prevalence of the disease in a population is correlated with age, reaching its maximum at the age of 65 years. Women suffer almost 2 times more often than men. Development of the disease leads to deterioration of patients' life quality, restricts their physical ability and often social function, becoming the main cause of disability.
In the practice of physicians, among the most commonly prescribed medications are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) - a group of drugs with anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic activity. The main representative of this group, which is preferable by patients and doctors to use for the treatment of osteoarthritis - Movexx Plus (or medical formula Aceclofenac & Paracetamol)
Benefits of Movexx Plus medication
Movexx Plus (a derivative of phenylacetic acid) - a new drug from the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) with a great number of features:
- 4-hour half-life and therefore no threat of accumulation; convenient twice-daily (100mg in the morning and evening) intake;
- pharmacokinetics does not change with age, which is very important for elderly patients;
- bioavailability is not reduced when taken with food;
- interactions of Movexx Plus with other drugs, especially diuretics and anticoagulants, were not observed;
- secondly, in clinical trials aceclofenac efficacy was comparable to diclofenac, naproxen and piroxicam in rheumatoid arthritis (RA), osteoarthritis (OA) and ankylosing spondylitis (AS). At the same time was a rapid analgesic effect, that draws attention;
- Movexx Plus has better GI tolerability than other NSAIDs;
- expressed less damaging effect on the cartilage in OA.
Over the years, there was a further accumulation of clinical material, which not only confirmed the earlier findings on the mechanisms of action, efficacy and safety of Movexx Plus, but revealed important new evidence.
Indications for Movexx Plus use
* inflammatory arthritis (rheumatoid, reactive, gout, etc.);
* seronegative spondyloarthropathy (ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthropathy, etc.);
* acute rheumatic fever;
* soft tissue disease, low back pain;
* migraine attacks, renal and biliary colic;
* dysmenorrhea, inflammatory diseases and other appendages;
* post-traumatic and post-surgery pain.
What are the recommendations and dose of Movexx Plus?
The therapeutic dose of the drug is 200mg/day, supporting - 100mg/day. The drug is recommended to be taken after meals.
Dosing regimen is assigned by the doctor for every patient individually, depending on numerous factors: age, health condition, form of disease, etc. But usual adult dose of Movexx Plus is 100mg (1 tablet) 2 times a day, morning and evening. The tablet should be swallowed whole with some liquid.
Research and clinical studies of Movexx Plus
Clinical efficacy of aceclofenac¶cetamol is proven in 132 published clinical trials. Tolerability and efficacy of this drug has been researched in comparative trials with a variety of analgesics and NSAIDs.
In recently made double-blind study, Movexx Plus has shown good results in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis, compared to piroxicam, diclofenac and naproxen. The duration of treatment ranged from 2 to 3 months. The drug efficacy was noticed in comparable decrease of joint pain (at rest and in motion), reduced swelling of the joints and improved functional activity. Only 4% of patients have cancelled treatment with Movexx Plus, because of lack of efficacy.
Thus, experiments showed that the application of Movexx Plus has fewer side effects on the gastrointestinal tract and better tolerated, despite the fact that aceclofenac group included more patients with gastrointestinal disorders.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved