Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Ofloxacin is an antimicrobial medical product from the group of fluoroquinolones. It acts on the bacterial enzyme DNA gyrase which provides stability of bacteria DNA. Destabilization of DNA chains leads to the death of the microorganisms which provoke infectious diseases. It provides a bactericidal broad-spectrum effect.
Ofloxacin can be used for the treatment of the different types of infections caused by the morbific microorganisms sensitive to the antibiotic:
- infections of the respiratory tracts
- HENT infections
- Infections of bones, joints, soft tissues
- Bacterial infections of eyes
- Sexually-transmitted infections
- Infections of small pelvis and genitals
- Chlamydial infections of eyes
Treating each type of the disease a patient is prescribed certain individual recommendations and dose. A high pharmacological safety of the antibiotic is guaranteed only by the correct usage of the medication as the doctor indicated.
Prior medical consultation with a health care provider is obligatory before the use of the antibiotic. First of all, it is necessary to have analyses in order to find out the type of the infection and then it is possible to indicate the way of the drug usage and its optimal dose.
- the tablets of Ofloxacin should be taken before or during the meal consumption with plenty amount of liquid
- the doses are selected individually depending on the site and severity of the course of the infection
- the optimal initial dose for the treatment of the infections of the middle severity in adults is 200-800 mg per day
- the course of the treatment usually lasts 7-10 days until the complete disappearance of the disease symptoms
- patients with kidney dysfunction should reduce the daily dose
- patients with high sensitivity to the components of the antibiotic should terminate the use of Ofloxacin and start the treatment with the help of antibiotic from another medical group
- children under 18 years old are not recommended the antibiotic because it may influence on the formation of the bone mass
- general length of the course of the treatment should not be longer than 2 months
- in case of the side effects development (allergy, severe headache) it is necessary to terminate the drug usage and go to the attending doctor
- the use of the medication is contraindicated during pregnancy. The breast feeding should be stopped for the period of the treatment.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved