Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Enrofloxacin or generic Otibact is a hydrochloride chemotherapeutic preparation, that refers to a group of fluroquinolone. It is intended only for veterinary use. Otibact drug has a broad spectrum antimicrobial activity and is effective against gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms and bacteria.
What are the indications for Otibact use?
- Otibact is prescribed by veterinarian for the treatment of gastro-intestinal, respiratory, urogenital, ear and wound infections, pyoderma, prostatitis, arthritis, osteomyelitis in dogs and cats;
- The remedy is effective in colibacillosis, salmonellosis, mycoplasmosis, staphylococcal infections, pasteurellosis, ornithosis and other bacterial infections in singing birds, exotic birds, fancy pigeons, rodents (rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs) and other animals that people do not use in food purposes.
Otibact is an antibiotic, consisting of enrofloxacin and silver sulfadiazine, sold in online and street vet pharmacy.
How to use the drug?
Otibact medication should be taken only by prescription and administered orally - direct and individually for each animal case, only for veterinary use in the following doses:
- For dogs and cats: 5 mg / kg body weight, or a single dose of 2.5 mg / kg body weight twice for 3-5 days (15 mg tablets for small dogs and cats);
- For doves: 4.5 - 15 mg / kg body weight, one - two times a day for 5-7 days (higher doses and longer course of therapy is used at severe respiratory infections);
- For game-birds, which are not used by people for food purposes (gray partridge, quail, partridge and pheasant): 10 mg / kg body weight for 5 days;
- For exotic birds (parrots, canaries and eagles, etc.): 10 mg / kg per body weight for 5-10 days;
- For rodents (rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, mice and rats) - 5 mg / kg per bodyweight twice a day for 5-7 days.
How does Otibact medication work and its contraindications?
The medication reduces the pain and inflammation within five minutes after intake and after fifteen - thirty minutes the patient will completely stop to feel discomfort.
The important fact, is that the action of all Otibact ingredients in no way affects the general condition of the patient and does not get into the blood. In laboratory studies of blood from patients after the application of Otibact drops were not found any traces of the drug presence.
Consulting with vet clinic, you will be informed about such contraindications, that should be taken into account during Otibact reception.
Enrofloxacin or Otibact - must not be used for pregnant dogs and cats, dogs and cats during lactation and young animals (dogs of small breeds) in the first eight months, youngsters medium breeds in the first 12 months of life, and the youngsters of large rocks in the first 18 months of life.
Also, donít apply Otibact for quails, whose eggs people use in food.
Do not use simultaneously with chloramphenicol, macrolides, tetracycline drugs and rifamycins. Products containing magnesium and aluminum compounds, inhibit absorption of alimentary canal of Otibact medication.
Are there any side effects after taking Otibact?
Occasionally observed skin rashes, digestive disorders (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea), neurological manifestations (drowsiness, restlessness). The most serious complications - erosive arthropathy in growing young animals. But in all other cases the product is very well tolerated.
When reusable overdosing, it is possible occurrence of diarrhea as a result of dysbacterioses of the gut. In such cases, change the course of Otibact intake, reducing the dose and increasing the interval between receptions.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved