Pentagesic (Diclofenac, Paracetamol)
Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Pentagesic (Diclofenac & Paracetamol) is a combined medical product where two active components Diclofenac and Paracetamol are the basis of it. The effect of this drug is mainly conditioned by the pharmacological properties of Diclofenac. However, the pharmacological studies have shown that Paracetamol increases the analgetic effect, and thus the receptiveness to the pain syndrome is improved.
Directions for the use of Pentagesic
- pain syndrome of the middle and severe intensity
- rheumatoid arthritis
- neuralgia, myalgia
- and also many other degenerative diseases of the supporting-motor apparatus, bone tissue which are accompanied by the inflammation, pain syndrome and fever.
The therapeutic effect of Pentagesic is characterized by the pharmacological peculiarities of Diclofenac and Paracetamol.
Diclofenac inhibits synthesis of prostaglandins, regulates lysosomal membranes and reduces the activity of the enzymes which provoke the inflammatory processes. It increases the pain threshold and lowers the sensitivity of the central nervous system.
The action of Paracetamol has a similar direction of the pharmacological effects, but their realization is realized mainly in the central nervous system where sensitivity of neurons to the external and internal irritants is blocked.
Both active components of Pentagesic well penetrate into all tissues of the body, and therefore they provide a direct concentrated action in any centers of the inflammation and pain.
Pentagesic provides the anti-fever, analgetic, anti-inflammatory, anti-platelet, and relaxing action.
- Pentagesic is recommended to be taken only after a careful and complex examination in a health care provider. Depending on the general health condition and clinical image of the patient the doctor has to prescribe the course of the treatment, and also optimal dosage regimen.
- The tablets of Pentagesic should be taken orally during or after meals to reduce the risk of the irritation of the intestine walls. In case of the sharp types of the painful syndrome, to hasten the therapeutic effect Pentagesic may be taken 30 minutes before meals with plenty of water.
- One tablet of Pentagesic contains 50 mg of Diclofenac and 500 mg of Paracetamol
- The average dosage for adults is one tablet 2-3 times per day
- Children are prescribed the treatment by the medical specialist according to their age and general physical condition.
There is a wide range of the contraindications when it is strictly contraindicated to take Pentagesic:
- severe renal/hepatic failure
- gastric and duodenal ulcer
- active gastrointestinal bleeding
- inflammatory diseases of the intestine
- hypersensitivity to the active components
- pediatric age up to 12 years old
It is necessary to take the medication with high caution during the chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system, and also in combination with other medical products which you take without prescription.
Possible side effects
Taking Pentagesic the patient may have the following side effects:
- from the side of the gastrointestinal tract: vomiting, nausea, flatulency, pancreatitis
- from the side of the central nervous system: headache, dizziness, high fatigue, spasms, sleep disorder, anxiety, tremor, taste disorder
- skin itching, rash on the mucous membranes, hives, tachycardia, increased arterial pressure.
These side effects appear in 1-2% of the patients because of the high sensitivity of the body to the active components of Pentagesic. Perhaps, you may need to adjust the everyday dosage. Consult a medical specialist.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved