Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Periactin has an antihistaminic activity and is used to relieve the symptoms of the allergy. At the same time the drug is a strong anti-serotonin component and reduces spasms and other effects during allergic reactions.
It shows effective pharmacological action during itching dermatosis relieving the symptoms of the disease in the first day of the medication usage. Besides anti-allergic effect this drug has an ability to stimulate appetite, and this is used in child’s practice and also for the treatment of anorexia.
Periactin is prescribed for: acute and chronic hives, serum sickness, vasomotor rhinitis, contact dermatitis, Quincke's edema, and allergic reactions to the use of medications. Also this remedy can be prescribed for reduction of the symptoms of migraine.
The course of the treatment should be long and systemic. A non-observance of the therapy regime can break general pharmacological effect and worsen the course of the allergy treatment.
Before the beginning of therapy it is necessary to specify diagnosis and type of the allergic disease. Depending on the type of the allergic reaction it is necessary to detect the optimal course of the treatment, dosage and length of the drug usage.
- during allergic reactions patients are prescribed from 1 to 5 tablets which contain 4 mg of the active component per day (depending on the severity and type of the allergy)
- the maximal daily dose is 32 mg per day for adults, and 8-12 mg for children
- in case of migraine one tablet is taken at once after the beginning of the headache and one more tablet is taken in 30 minutes
- in order to improve appetite ?-1 tablet is prescribed 3 times per day
- Periactin is contraindicated by the increased sensitivity to the components included into the medication, increased intraocular pressure (glaucoma), stomach ulcer, especially in relapse, and also attacks of the bronchial asthma.
- The drug should be carefully taken during retention of urine in the body and edemas at senior age
- This antiallergic medication is not prescribed children under 2 years and also pregnant women
- If it is necessary to take Periactin tablets during breast-feeding, a child should be on the artificial feeding
- While taking this medication severe drowsiness is possible, and that is why you should be careful during driving
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved