Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Pyridium – pain killer, used for the treatment of painful sensations in the urinary tracts.
The medicine’s active component is Phenazopyridine. Very often, this medication is used in combination with antibiotics for the treatment of various urogenital system infections, which cause symptoms that provoke burning and pain.
Pyridium can be used in instrumental urological researches. After introduction of medical tools (catheters) into the penis, the patient can start experiencing sharp pains, which can be suppressed easily due to the effect of this medicine.
Despite the fact that Pyridium causes local analgesic action, it is rarely taken to reduce the pain related to general injuries, skin lesion, etc.
Most often, this medicine is used for alleviation of pain, irritation, burning, discomfort in urinary tracts and bladder particularly in infections or surgeries.
According to the data of various clinical studies in the area of urology, this medicine can be taken as treatment for the first stage of cystitis and light form of urethritis.
Pyridium drug is released in tablets, containing 100 and 200 mg of the active component (Phenazopyridine). Dosage and treatment course is determined after patient’s medical examination with the taking of laboratory urine samples.
• Pyridium dosage in children older, than the age of 12 and adults is 100-200 mg, 3-4 times a day.
• Children from 6 to 12 years of age are prescribed with 4 mg/kg, 3 times a day.
The continuance of medicine use depends on the treatment efficiency and pain syndrome symptoms’ reduction only. During infection treatment, the medicine is started to be taken before the beginning of antibiotics’ use and is discontinued after.
Your doctor will determine the most effective and safe treatment course and will provide all the usage recommendations.
• Pyridium is contraindicated in increased organism sensitivity of the patient towards Phenazopyridine.
• The drug has to be taken with caution in pancreatic diabetes, acute/chronic kidney function disorders. In the presence of these diseases, the dosage can be corrected by your doctor.
• During the use of the medicine, the color of urine may change. You shouldn’t be afraid of these effects, since this is a natural reaction to the pharmacological action of the drug.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved