Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Sporanox is an antifungal medical product of the broad-spectrum action. This drug provides an ability of the effective struggle with fungous infections of any part of the body. It is active as for dermatophyte, yeast-like and yeast fungi, and mold fungi.
This drug is used for the treatment of dermatomycosis, ringworm of nails, chromophytosis, candidamycosis (candidosis of the skin and mucous membrane), mycotic keratitis, stomatomycosis, vulvovaginal candidiasis, deep visceral candidosis (moniliasis pneumonia), meningitis, systemic mycosis and many other diseases caused by the fungous infections.
The active component of Sporanox – itraconasole breaks the synthesis of ergosterol, a component which is the main and the most important component of the cell membrane of fungi. Thus there is the antifungal effect which lasts for a long period of time and destroys all microorganisms.
Sporanox is used according to the prescription of the doctor after the prior diagnosis of the disease. A correct diagnosis will provide the exact indication of the course of the treatment and the fastest destruction of all fungi.
The dosage can be adjusted during the treatment and it is prescribed each patient individually depending on the age, weight, and type of the infection.
- the tablets are taken orally without chewing it, after eating
- the average dose is 200 mg 1-2 times per day
- the length of the treatment is indicated individually and depends on the reaction of the causative agents to the pharmacological action of the drug. In the average the use of the drug is prescribed for 1-2 weeks but in case of the severe fungi diseases the treatment may be 12 months
- in case of the individual increased sensitivity of the patient to the active component itraconasole the use of Sporanox tablets is contraindicated
- this drug should be prescribed during pregnancy if there is a threat to life and a positive effect exceeds possible harm for fetus
- also the medications passes trough the breast milk and therefore it is necessary to refuse from the breast-feeding during the treatment
- the drug must be taken carefully by patients with liver cirrhosis, chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system, kidney, and also children and patients of the senior age.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved