Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Tofranil is a medical product from the group of the antidepressants. It effectively provides the effect on the central nervous system and brain by restoring the lack of serotonin and dopamine, and noradrenaline.
The main component providing the antidepressive effect of the drug is Imipramine. Unlike other antidepressants this remedy is not selective, and it regulates a chemical imbalance of all neuromediators. This is conditioned by the fast and effective treatment of the depressive disorders.
The majority of the modern antidepressants act only in one direction inhibiting the capture of serotonin or noradrenaline.
Tofranil reduces anxiety, melancholy, improves mood and emotions, increases cheerfulness, vitality, reduces motive slow response and improves coordination. Due to the ability to restore a motor function of a human this drug is often used for the asthenodepressive syndrome which is often accompanied by the disorders of the human motive ability.
Tofranil provides insignificant analgesic, antidiuretic, and antihistaminic pharmacological action. The use of this drug is made in different directions of medicine, and therefore this medication has a special popularity and reputation.
The course of the treatment of any disease of the nervous system is prescribed each patient individually. In case of the severe depressive disorders it is necessary to take into account the severity of the disease and also concomitant disorders and symptoms which may appear in the course of the treatment of the disease.
- The treatment of the depressive disorders must be started from the minimal dose of Tofranil 25-50 mg 3-4 times a day. The tablet is taken during or after the food.
- In case of the good tolerance of the antidepressant the dose must be gradually and slowly increased by 25 mg, up to the maximal dose 200-300 mg per day.
- The duration of the use of Tofranil contains 5-7 weeks; however this period of time may be increased in case of the severe forms of the disease. Doctors recommend to take the drug to the moment of the appearance of all symptoms of the disease.
- Do not terminate the use of Tofranil suddenly. This may lead to the relapse of depression or side effects. It is necessary to gradually reduce the dose of the drug up to the minimal one and then terminate the use.
- In the course of the treatment it is recommended to control the blood and functions of liver.
- Tofranil is contraindicated in case of the acute diseases of liver, kidney, diabetes, heart failure, diseases of vessels, infectious diseases, disorders of the cerebral blood circulation, epilepsy, and high sensitivity to Imipramine.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved