Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Triamcinolone is a synthetic glucocorticosteroid medical product. It provides an anti-inflammatory, antiallergic, antipruritic, antiedematous, anti-shock, antitoxic, and immunosuppressive action. It has a broad-spectrum action due to which the drug provides an effect to a wide range of various disorders in the body.
Directions for the use of Triamcinolone are:
- endocrine diseases
- systemic diseases of the connective tissue
- severe allergic diseases and acute allergic reactions
- severe non-infectious dermatosis
- severe diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, eyes, including allergic and inflammatory processes
- diseases of kidneys of autoimmune origin
- eczema; psoriasis; neurodermatitis
- bronchial asthma
Also, this medical product may be used in combination with other immunosuppressive remedies to prevent the rejection of transplant by the body.
As for each, particular disorder it provides the individual pharmacological action due to which it favors the directed suppression of the disease focus and faster reduction of the symptoms.
Triamcinolone is produced in the tablets which must be taken orally after meals, with a full glass of water. The dosage regimen is indicated individually depending on the directions, efficiency and health condition of the patient.
- the recommended initial dose for adults and children older than 12 years old is 4-40 mg 2-3 times per day
- after the appearance of the therapeutic effect and improvement of the disease symptoms the dose is gradually decreased by 1-2 mg every 2-3 days in order to gain the minimal maintaining dose
- children at the age from 6 to 12 years old are prescribed the dose on the basis of the body weight of a child and severity of the disease. The maximal daily dose is 12-14 mg for children younger than 12 years old.
- In the period of the treatment it is recommended to increase the use of vitamin D and add foods rich in Ca2+ to the food ration.
- Triamcinolone is contraindicated patients with hypersensitivity to the active components of the drug, systemic mycosis, glaucoma, gastric and duodenal ulcers, dysfunctions of kidney, osteoporosis, acute viral and bacterial infections
- The use of this drug is contraindicated for children younger than 6 years old, pregnant women, and also women who breastfeed
- Patients are extremely not recommended to exceed the dose indicated by the attending physician because this may be dangerous.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved