Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Urispas is a spasmolytic medical product used for enuresis and frequent urination. The international name of the drug and the main active component at the same time is Flavoxate. This drug has a mild anticholinergic activity and rather high spasmolytic activity. A mechanism of the action is conditioned by the reduction of the tone of the smooth muscles of the urinary tracts mainly. However, it also removes spasms of the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, bile passages, uterus, and urethra.
In case of the acute affections of the urinary system it causes a reduction of dysuria, pains, and rate of the micturate urge.
Directions for the use:
Also, this medical product may be used for the removal and prevention of the cystic central spasm connected with instrumental examination or surgical intervention in the bladder.
Urispas can be used as a single drug as well as in complex therapy with other medical drugs. To find out the most effective and safe way of the treatment it is recommended to go to a medical specialist before using this remedy and have clinical examination.
- Urispas tablets are prescribed orally regardless of the meals
- Adults and children older than 12 years old are prescribed 100-200 mg (1-2 tablets) 3-4 times per day
- If the symptoms of the diseases are improved, the daily dose can be reduced by two times
- A spasmolytic effect occurs in one hour after the use of the tablet, and the maximal effect appears in 2 hours already
- The length of the treatment is indicated individually depending on the clinical image of the patient
- Urispas is contraindicated for the use by patients with hypersensitivity to Flavoxate, obstructive disease of the urinary tract, bowel obstruction, glaucoma, and also gastro-intestinal obstruction
- Children younger than 12 years old are not recommended this remedy
- Pregnant women are allowed to use Urispas only in emergency and only under the supervision of the doctor. If you take this drug in the period of the breast feeding, it is necessary to stop giving a child the breast milk.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved