Canadian Meds |
Policy | Legal
Terms | Meds Index
Zantac is an antiulcer remedy for the treatment of ulcer of the stomach and duodenum. A specific fast-acting blocker of histamine receptors reduces the production of the gastric secretion. This drug reduces the amount of the secretion as well as the content of hydrochloric acid and pepsin which provide a strong irritating effect on the stomach walls.
Due to the reduction of the gastric juice a number of ulcers is reduces on the walls of the internal organs, and a relapse rate of the existed ulcers is also decreased.
Indications for the use of Zantac:
- ulcer of duodenum and stomach (treatment and prevention)
- postoperational ulcers
- arresting of the pain syndrome by the gastroesophagal reflux disease
- chronic episodes of dyspepsia
- prevention of the stressful ulcers in sick patients and also reduction of the bleedings
The pharmacological action starts after the consumption of the first tablet of the drug and lasts within 12 hours.
Before starting the treatment of such serious disease it is better to consult a qualified medical professional who will be able to identify the efficiency of this medication use as well as its safety in your clinical case.
It must be mentioned that it is necessary to follow appropriate dies and avoid products irritating the walls of the internal organs as the reduction of the gastric juice leads to the reduction of the gastric protection.
- patients are prescribed 150 mg 2 times/day or 300 mg per night for the gastric and duodenal ulcers
- the dose can be increased up to 300 mg 2 times per day in case of the severe types of the disease
- usually, the symptoms of the ulcer disappear in 4 weeks, however it is necessary to tale the drug for a full period indicated by the doctor. It is needed to have a complete course of the treatment so that the wound is cicatrized fully.
- Ranitidine (a basic component of the drug) passes through placenta and is released through the breast milk, and therefore it is necessary to use the bottle feeding of a child during the treatment
- It is necessary to eliminate this medication during pregnancy
- Children under 12 years, patients with hypersensitivity, and also with acute porphyria are contraindicated to take Zantac
- Inform your doctor about all medications you use without prescription.
© 2003-2017 Rx Meds Canada . All Rights Reserved